IFTA Certification Renewal Information (scroll down for renewal forms)
Congratulations on being an IFTA certified fitness professional. You are a part of the most prominent certification and continuing education companies in the world. IFTA is Verified and Approved by the U.S. Federal government.
Certification by IFTA validates your commitment to excellence. Continuing education and re-certification are vital parts of this commitment. Therefore, this is designed to guide you through the renewal process effectively.
3 things are required to Renew your Certification:
- Obtain the correct number of IFTA CEC’s
- Send in the Renewal form (email [email protected], mail, fax)
- Pay the Renewal fee (either send with form or pay online)
*Detailed information is below and any further questions regarding renewal please contact Jeff: [email protected]
Group Fitness Primary Renewal
This IFTA certification is valid for a period of two years. In order to maintain a current and balanced knowledge of the latest fitness instruction knowledge, IFTA requires the following be completed and submitted prior to your expiration date.
Earn a minimum of 12 continuing education credits. Six (6) of these credits must be from IFTA approved workshops, courses, certification, or IFTA home study options. The other 6 credits must be from IFTA approved Continuing education providers (AFAA, ACE, AAAI, NASM). These must all be done within two years from your listed expiration date.
*If you have earned all your credits from IFTA you can renew with just 10 credits. You must maintain a current CPR/AED certification.
All Other Specialty Certifications
These IFTA certifications are specialty certifications and are valid for a one (1) OR two (2) year period. IFTA requires the following be completed and submitted prior to your expiration date.
*Personal Trainer renewals must maintain proof of current CPR/AED.
- ONE (1) YEAR Earn a minimum of 3 continuing education credits. All three should be IFTA approved workshops, courses, certification, or IFTA home study options.
- TWO (2) YEAR – If you were granted a 2 year renewal then you must earn 6 continuing education credits within the two years. All six should be IFTA approved workshops, courses, certification, or IFTA home study options. 2 year options are offered from time to time throughout the year ONLY to those who have signed themselves up (on our website) to receive email notifications.
- ELITE or GOLD CERTIFICATIONS
Elite: needs same requirements of continuing education as Group Fitness every 2 years.
Gold: needs same requirements as specialty certifications.
Late Certification Renewals: Renewals for certifications are accepted for up to one year late. However, you will have to pay the required late fee. It is important to note that you maintain the original date on your certification. In other words, if you send in all appropriate forms and fees 6 months late for your specialty certification you will only have 6 more months remaining in your new certification expiration period.
Please print your renewal form and email or fax it to our office.
2 Year Specialty Renewal Form (Must have already been pre-approved for this)
Note: Returned checks are a $35.00 fee.
*Any further questions regarding renewal? Contact [email protected]