I’m Joe Cannon. I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology.
I’ve been certified by the NSCA since the 1990s.
I’ve written for several publications including:
- The Journal of Strength and Conditioning
- Today’s Dietitian
- IDEA Personal Trainer
- Been Quoted in the New York Times and Daily Beast
- Been a content consultant for Dateline NBC
- Appeared on 6 ABC Action News
- Appeared on Fox 29 News
- Appeared on KYW News Radio
- Appeared on Canada’s CTV (Your Morning)
- Appeared on XM Radio (Doctor Radio)
I’ve even lectured to NASA – yes, that NASA.
I am the author of the following books:
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You Need To Know About
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics
- 101 Personal Trainer Marketing Secrets
- Personal Trainer Practice Test
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook for the Fitness Professional
- Advanced Personal Training
I’m the author of the first book ever on rhabdomyolysis, a serious medical disorder that can be caused by over-exercising. I’ve been teaching about the dangers of rhabdo for over a decade.
I am the creator of SupplementClarity.com – science-based, easy to understand reviews on dietary supplements. I’ve been investigating dietary supplements since the 1990s. My site has hundreds of reviews – all 100% free.